Thursday, March 19, 2009

Quiet Books

Update: See finished quiet book post here.

The last month or so I have been slowly purchasing materials and making patterns to make a quiet book for my son. Quiet books are books made of material that have fun learning activities that keep kids quiet at places like church, car rides, waiting rooms, or wherever you need them to sit still. My sister-in-law made a beautiful quilted quiet book that I am in love with. See the pictures below.
I am making mine a little simpler, due to the time factor. Mine will look similar to the quiet book I found here. If you are interested in making a quiet book, that site is a great one as it outlines the step-by-step process. My goal is to have my book done by August. I am hoping posting my goal on here will give me motivation to finish on time!

This site also has some good ideas.

If you are interested in a quiet book, but would rather purchase one than make one there are some great sites to look at below:

Fabric quiet book
Fabric quiet book
Mini quiet book
Etsy quiet books
Religious quiet books
Religious quiet book

3 comments:

  1. Would you be willing to tell me how your sister put her quilted quiet book together? I'm at the last step in this process and can't seem to figure it out. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, I'll ask and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She had to sew them down in sections. Each section was a long piece--two sides, two backs. Does that make sense? Then sewed the long
    sections together.

    ReplyDelete